As a Business Controller you are the financial adviser of our Business in Roche Pars. Together with your business partners you discover the object of further development potential as well as savings and largely contribute to the company`s profitability and efficiency. In a volatile environment you are expected to show agility, adaptability and the ability to translate global requirements into our local environment. In this context you will report to the Head of Finance.
The objective of your job is the monitoring analysis and reporting of business performance, the assistance in budgets elaboration and reporting, the support of business partners on financial matters while ensuring the quality and integrity of the financial figures and processes. Also Compliance and transparency is for you not only a must but also your mindset and culture.
As a Business Controller you are responsible for following tasks:
I) Controlling and Management Reporting
• Implement and deliver regular standard reports and presentations on financial results in a timely manner in order to provide management information (key performance indicators, financial and non- financial data) that offers a view on past, current and future performance in the context of the business strategy and objectives. Ensure that the information is reliable and accessible to business managers
• Help to support the business in understanding and interpreting the information and in case of deviations, advise on appropriate corrective measures
• Provide decision-support ad-hoc financial analysis on projects, initiatives and undertakings. Leverage technical financial knowledge and available data to ensure decisions are well founded
II) Budgeting & Forecasting
• Assist Finance Manager in the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure the development of the business plans and target settings. Review timelines, practices and tools
• Prepare, consolidate and report of the data in the relevant financial systems in ensuring data integrity and prepare presentations
• Provide structured analysis of plan assumptions and performance targets to ensure business is enabled to make informed decisions. Utilize accurate and meaningful data and insights to challenge, counsel and influence to/with senior management.
III) Business & Financial Processes
• Support the implementation & development of new finance and business processes– and application – with focus on continuous enhancement of the finance services to the internal customer on an affiliate level as well as sub – regional and regional level
IV) Business Partnering
• Act as Finance point of contact for Business client, discuss financials with budget holders, and work together with business and finance manager to convert the financials into a transparent story line
• Build a strong collaborative network with local organizations, understanding their needs, and the context in which they operate
• Be an active member of the sub regional Finance community
• Contribute to the affiliate’s comprehensive compliance management in the areas of prevention, detection and response
• Establish adequate training and education of policies and procedures for finance team as well as business
• Support to promote and foster ethical behavior in business and compliance at all times
• Role out and Lead projects in finance
• Strong and analytical candidate with an eye for detail, this supported with a Master’s Degree of a business or equivalent school with minimum 5 years of experience, including 1-2 years of experience in commercial analysis or Market Access area.
• Good understanding of the ERP system, Excellent Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
• A team player with the ability to work autonomously. You are proactive, solution oriented and able to manage several works streams in parallel without losing overview.
• have a genuine interest in business and people and are eager to interact with the business teams and other budget holders. Therefore strong communication skills, to interact with all levels of the company, are a must. Besides good communication skills, the candidate is customer-oriented and service minded.
• Flexible and respects tight deadlines, aiming for the highest quality standards. Last but not least we expect a sense of initiative and maturity regarding confidential and sensitive data.
• Ability to challenge current processes and seek to continually change and improve them
• Strong understanding of the ERP systems, Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
Are you fluent in English?
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. We strive by Doing Now, What Patients Need Next.
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching