The main purpose of the job:
● Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
● Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring the implementation of security measures.
● Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, and lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
● Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, and courtyards) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
● Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings, etc. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
Performing maintenance of logistics equipment (energy, IT, and communications), in particular:
● Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
● Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
● Preparing orders for his sector activity, doing the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
● Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
● Participating in training at the request of the line manager.
Specific accountability based on the Kerman project context/nature:
In the specific context of Kerman’s project, the following tasks are also accountable to the Base and Facilities Officer:
● Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
● Propose and implement solutions to reduce the ecological footprint of the premises and their use.
● Essential secondary education and a higher degree in a construction-related area with a validated diploma.
● Desirable experience with other NGOs.
● Experience in team management.
● Experience in medical facilities.
● Fluent in Farsi, B1 English level.
● Basic car and generator mechanical knowledge.
● Good computer and IT network and infrastructure literacy.
Personal attributes required:
● Results and service quality orientation.
● Teamwork and cooperation spirit.
● Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural context.
● Behavioural flexibility.
● Commitment to MSF principles.
● Good communication skills (verbal and writing).
● Stress management.
● Flexible and rigorous.
The deadline for submitting a CV is 07/12/2022.