● Effectively install, configure, operate, and maintain Linux systems software and related infrastructure.
● Maintain and improve the security posture, hardening of the Linux environments, and vulnerability remediation deployments.
● Automate managing users, groups, password policies, and other user configurations.
● Automate the identification, categorization, sensitivity, and ownership of Linux OS and software assets.
● Perform continuous health monitoring, improve the stability/performance of the Linux Systems, and troubleshoot issues that may arise.
● Evaluate new technologies and review/improve current ones.
● Perform backup, restore, rollback, and disaster recovery operations in Linux Infrastructure environments.
● Communicate with other teams for mitigation of any issues with managed environments.
● Create, update, and organize technical documentation and knowledge bases for the team and other departments.
● Apply patches, security fixes, and firmware updates to equipment and operating systems.
● Effectively use monitoring or administrative tools to maintain network uptime and efficiency, including Zabbix, PRTG, and Cacti.
● More than three years of Linux Systems Administration experience.
● Deep knowledge and experience with Unix-based Operating Systems.
● Basic programming skills (PowerShell, VBS, and .NET).
● Working experience with shell command line usage, scripting, and automation tools (experience with Ansible is considered as an advantage).
● Hands-on experience in administering, provisioning, configuring, tuning, and monitoring of application web servers (Apache/Nginx), databases (SQL and NoSQL), Mail Servers, logging, and HA systems.
● Deep knowledge of VMware virtualization.
● Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
● Self-driven, with ability to take ownership of issues and follow them through to complete resolution.
● Ability to use own initiative, priorities tasks and work either independently and/or within a team.
● Strong technical documentation abilities.