● Develop, grow and manage the project, site, and project service disciplines of the company.
● Work closely with the operations manager to ensure the highest caliber of technical and commercial delivery on all projects, and to help and support the operations manager as required.
● Lead and manage project teams (project managers, project engineers, package engineers, site and project services) across all office locations. Acting as the focal point for projects and as the head of project management.
● Attend and participate in both the design and contract reviews.
● Deliver assigned EPCI projects, ensuring delivery is on time, on budget, of high quality, and with customer satisfaction.
● Develop a project excellence model to ensure consistently excellent project delivery for the company and customer stakeholders.
● Manage projects in accordance with the agreed contract, ensuring project team members are familiar with the contract and its requirements for the delivery time, scope, commercial requirements, and terms.
● Ensure company and industry standards, processes, and best practices are followed, identifying areas for improvement and implementing with the agreement of senior management.
● Ensure company financial controls are adhered to across EPC projects.
● Ensure supply chain is fit for purpose, developing competent and reliable suppliers, eliminating single points of failure, and working with procurement and QHSE manager to monitor and record supplier performance.
● Support business development manager when required to accurately tender work and win projects, including both new projects and project variations.
● Work with the engineering manager to continually monitor engineering and project progress to anticipate and avoid escalating costs, delays, and disputes, making recommendations to alleviate problems.
● Ensure project deliverables are completed and presented in a professional manner, including quality of information, written, drawn and verbal.
● Advise and assist the project staff on risk management relating to engineering, project, and commercial matters.
● Ensure competent staff is allocated to tasks, providing additional training and support where required.
● Develop and enhance Project staff competence and capacity.
● Develop succession plans to enable our engineers to progress through the business as opportunities arise, preventing single points of failure.
● Recruitment of project staff.
● Maintain and enhance the company's engineering reputation in the marketplace.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
● Professional qualification in relevant project management.
● Proven experience in managing large, multi-disciplined project teams and departments.
● At least 15 years of work experience related to EPC project management (preferably in dairy or food companies, and refineries).
● Required Certification: PMP.
● Program Management (PgMP).
● Professional English degree.