|Switch Planning Engineer|
Posted on : 12 Apr 2014
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
• To design the core network architecture considering short/long term vision of the company and alignment with marketing and financial aspects.
• Initiating and forecasting the necessary augmentation in capital projects taking into consideration changes in the Regulatory environment and technology/product roadmaps of the relevant supplier(s).
• Aligning the core planning activities considering developments in industry and standards bodies and to device viable solutions considering financial constraints of the company.
• Preparation/audit of core elements BOQ and discussions with the vendors for optimal capex solutions.
• Detailed network planning coordination with vendors for database planning of core elements.
• Traffic monitoring and optimization of the core network considering capacity and performance aspects.
• Ensure that sufficient network capacity is deployed with a 6-month headroom to cater for the traffic forecast.
• Participate in Group initiatives/activities in the area of core planning.
• Documentation of methodologies, plans, policies and procedures for core network planning. Record keeping of technical details on network design, implementation plans and capital projects
• Be a subject matter expert on core planning issues by studying global trends and networking with other professionals in this field and by providing documented recommendations to various departments.
• Impact analysis on VAS /IN services on core network planning and to mould the plans accordingly.
• Well conversant with core network interfaces dimensioning.
• Interaction with other departments (IS/RA,..) to coordinate for impacts of core planning.
• BSC Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years in a Telecom environment, preferably in a GSM planning and network design environment with experience on value-added voice services.
• Knowledge of operation core NEs.
• Trends within Technology,
• Network Business Objectives
• Knowledge of vendors and suppliers capacity and trends
• Knowledge of other network providers developments
• Basic Telecomm legislation
• Basic ICASA regulations
• GSM core network elements (MSC, HLR/AUC/EIR, STP)
• Teletraffic Engineering
• Equipment dimensioning principles
About the Company
About the Company
Irancell Telecommunication Services Company (MTN Irancell), 2nd mobile operator in Iran, is a private joint stock company. Our vision is to lead delivery of a bold, new digital World to our customers. The company provides the following services:
- Provision of wholesale and retail telecommunication services
- Sales of network traffic capacity to local or international carriers or entities
- Rental of network infrastructure facilities to local or international carriers or entities
- Provision of the Internet and data and digital platform related products and services
- Provision of all other sources of value added services that is currently available and to be developed in the future
- Dealing with e-commerce, mobile-commerce activities of the above telecommunication networks
- Provision of customer services, including but not limited to customer relationship management and Call Centre service
This Position is closed or expired