|Senior Radio Access Network Planning and optimization Engineer|
Posted on : 18 Apr 2015
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
Senior Radio Frequency Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks. Responsibilities include link budgets analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, initial system design and dimensioning, coverage planning, site identification, evaluation and zoning support, frequency planning , interference analysis and optimization. The individual will typically oversee and guide the work of Associate and Design Engineers, in charge of managing the day to day operations of the projects, and interface with Project Managers. The Senior Engineer will answer technical questions as well as day to day operational questions.
- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data processing of various design and optimization equipment and software (Atoll, Asset, X-cal, X-cap, TEMS, Mapinfo)
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection (SAR preparation, SARF and TSSR evaluation)
- Support of leasing/SA teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation tools (Planet, Atoll, x-cap , etc.) for model calibration, drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis, site database maintenance, etc.
- Verify RF related site engineering drawings and maps
- Perform design criteria, system dimensioning, link budget and traffic analysis, Perform frequency and preamble planning
- Understand equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and multiple technologies and perform external interference analysis
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters for at least 3 of GSM/GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, OFDMA network technologies
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of at least one of the main Wimax, TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of the main equipment vendors like Huawei, Samsung and ZTE
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Generate RF engineering related reports in Excel, Access, and SQL as required.
- Assume the RF lead role, manage and co-ordinate activities of the RF team as required.
- Play an active role in recruitment of RF engineering staff and be a mentor to other engineering colleagues as required
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Communicate RF team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required.
BSc. or MSc. in Telecommunication engineering (MSc is preferred)
At least 4 years of experience in radio network planning and optimization
2G, 3G and LTE Mobile network experience
Huawei/Ericson 3G/Wimax/LTE wireless network optimization
Key Demographic Requirements - applicants must be:
Based in Tehran
Fluent in English
About the Company
About the Company
Mobin Net Telecom Co. is the largest nationwide wireless broadband (4G-WiMAX) operator in Iran with around 750,000 subscribers across 125 cities of the 31 Provinces. Mobin Net provides a wide range of services including dedicated broadband Internet access, VoIP, and VPN for both home and business users. Different services are provided for large Enterprises and organizations in the country relying on Mobin Net’s nationwide Network. With high security, reliability and availability of the network, Mobin Net has a dominant market share with over 63% of the emerging WiMAX in Iran. Recently, Mobin Net has upgraded its nationwide network technology to TD-LTE in accordance with global trends on 3GPP LTE standards.
This Position is closed or expired