|Radio Planning and Optimizing Engineer|
Posted on : 01 Aug 2012
• Support the Regional Head on all the planning and optimization issues.
• Meet the formally agreed KPIs of:
- Call Setup Failure Rate
- Control Channel Failure Rate
- Radio Utilisation
- Congestion (TCH/SDCCH)
- Handover Performance
- Dropped call Rate
- Major interferers
- Network Utilization
- Capex per Customer
• Maintain and/or improve the network QoS and GoS including and not limited to Accessibility, Mobility, Quality and Retain ability.
• Conduct analysis and perform automatic frequency plan to improve the network QoS.
• Partner with the BSC/TRC Planning Team (E2E Capacity Planning) to:
- Ensure that BSC/TRC equipment is future prove
- Ensure that the BSC/TRC nodes provide sufficient capacity within CAPEX constrains
- Assist on preparing BSC/TRC rollout plan and co-ordinate cut-overs and re-parenting of cells
• Work with the National Technical BSS Specialist Engineer to:
- Be aware of all technologies and ensure that the radio network and BSC/TRC will be ready for these developments
- Decide on which advanced radio network features and other BSS software to purchase and implement
• Assist in preparing and managing the annual CAPEX budget.
• Co-ordinate network rollout with other departments and groups (Planning group, TX, Core and VAS, Implementation and Operations).
• Anticipate the need to adapt optimization and frequency strategies for technologies like GPRS and EDGE.
• Participation in planning the growth of the radio network considering general engineering principles, analysis & interpretation of network statistics, knowledge of market requirements & profitability.
• Achieving the most effective design of RF installation which will satisfy all the demands of the market while delivering satisfactory return on investment. This requires the considerations of the cost of installation, market requirements and expected traffic, environmental management legislation and knowledge of the existing radio network. Also to cover new potential areas.
Education: BSc. in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: At least 2 years experience in radio network planning and optimization. GSM experience will be a plus.
- Industry specific training (GSM)
- BSC O&M
- Radio Network Tuning
- Hardware Dimensioning
- Cell Planning
- Network Optimization
About the Company
About the Company
Irancell Telecommunication Services Company (MTN Irancell), 2nd mobile operator in Iran, is a private joint stock company. Our vision is to lead delivery of a bold, new digital World to our customers. The company provides the following services:
- Provision of wholesale and retail telecommunication services
- Sales of network traffic capacity to local or international carriers or entities
- Rental of network infrastructure facilities to local or international carriers or entities
- Provision of the Internet and data and digital platform related products and services
- Provision of all other sources of value added services that is currently available and to be developed in the future
- Dealing with e-commerce, mobile-commerce activities of the above telecommunication networks
- Provision of customer services, including but not limited to customer relationship management and Call Centre service
This Position is closed or expired