|Radio Optimisation Engineer (Assistant)|
Posted on : 06 May 2008
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
To work on all Optimization activities in terms of ensuring that the Optimization strategies are reached through:
• Ensuring optimum radio network quality
• Meet license obligations in terms of radio network quality
• Given the traffic offered and within cost limits.
Do aid in the BSC planning to
• Ensure that these nodes will provide sufficient capacity for the future
• That these nodes will support future technologies and features
• Within budget constraints.
T To meet the formally agreed KPIs of:
 Call Failure Rate
 Control Channel Failure Rate
 Dropped call rate
 Congestion (TCH/SDCCH)
 Handover performance
 Radio utilization
 Dropped call Rate
 Major interferers
 Capex per Customer
 Network Utilization
• Ensure that BSC/TRC equipment is future prove. This needs planning over a 3 year period
• Ensure that the BSC/TRC nodes provide sufficient capacity within CAPEX constrains.
• Decide on the BSC/TRC rollout plan and co-ordinate cut-overs and re-parenting of cells.
• Be aware of all converging technologies and ensure that the radio network and BSC/TRC will be ready for these developments.
• Decide on which advanced radio network features and other BSS software to purchase and implement
• Prepare and manage the annual CAPEX budget.
• Co-ordinate network rollout with other departments and groups( Planning group, Core and VAS, Implementation and Operations)
• Anticipate the need to adapt optimization and frequency strategies for technologies like GPRS and EDGE.
• Suggest best radio network parameters. Assist in communicating & distributing the experience gained by Regional Planning engineers with regard to optimization techniques.
• Ensure integrity of cell parameters all over the network. Maintain a sense of friendly competitiveness w.r.t. network excellence between Regional Planning Engs.
• Oversee frequency-planning process and ensure that world class methods are being continuously & timeously implemented, to meet technological changes
• Ensure that network quality is monitored on a continual basis
• Ensure that all vendors meet WI/contracted KPIs targets and at the same time satisfy all the radio network quality related license conditions
• Set and monitor Network quality KPIs for the Radio P&O department/vendors
• Specify, motivate and guide the development of Tools to automate the optimization and planning processes.
• Oversee maintenance and development of tools.
• To specify optimization related applications and guide software developers in the development thereof.
• Ensure a comprehensive, integrated collection and compilation of performance reports for the BSS network from all the vendors through
BSc. (Electronic Engineering) or equivalent
Experience in radio network optimization and software development
 BSC O&M
 Radio Network Tuning
 Hardware dimensioning
 Cell Planning
Only for Iranian
About the Company
About the Company
Irancell Telecommunication Services Company (MTN Irancell), 2nd mobile operator in Iran, is a private joint stock company. Our vision is to lead delivery of a bold, new digital World to our customers. The company provides the following services:
- Provision of wholesale and retail telecommunication services
- Sales of network traffic capacity to local or international carriers or entities
- Rental of network infrastructure facilities to local or international carriers or entities
- Provision of the Internet and data and digital platform related products and services
- Provision of all other sources of value added services that is currently available and to be developed in the future
- Dealing with e-commerce, mobile-commerce activities of the above telecommunication networks
- Provision of customer services, including but not limited to customer relationship management and Call Centre service
This Position is closed or expired