Posted on : 07 Jan 2017
To achieve agreed sales, productivity and performance targets within a given territory
• To meet or exceed sales targets (Sales Growth/market share growth) within agreed budgets and timescales.
• To achieve agreed contact, coverage and frequency targets (quantity & Quality) through face to face meetings and Detailing the assigned Doctors and Pharmacists and deliver agreed customer centric activities within operating budget.
• To promote defined Merck Consumer Health products according to campaign briefs and policies and appropriate use of Brand visuals ( Detail aid , Brand Reminder , Medical Reference ,.....etc.) , in Face to face meeting and detailing the assigned doctors and pharmacists and in line with campaign brief and policies approved by Sales and Marketing team.
• To ensure outstanding personal and team knowledge, and understanding of Merck Consumer Health priority products, technical information, product Knowledge, strategy, positioning, key messages and marketing programs.
• Effective administration of territory business including, maintenance of high quality record systems, update market segmentation, Execution of the Territory Management Reporting systems , and timely processing of territory business • Effective communication with territory colleagues, Pharmacy Representatives and relevant members of other teams, coordinate cycles visits with co-detailing colleagues, in order to understand, maximize and drive territory achievements.
• To coordinate with the assigned Pharmacy representative to achieve the planned purchase orders an in line with distributors policy and SOPs and Sales Plan approved by direct manager
• To coordinate with the assigned Pharmacy representative for execution of the brand visibility, Visibility Material and appropriate brand availability in line with approved trade marketing budgets and the trade marketing plan Approved by direct manager
• Strict professional handling of Samples and maintaining the appropriate storage condition from receiving till handling to customer
• Effective Execution of DGM ( Doctors Group Meetings), Local/International conferences and meetings with Health Care professional in line with campaign brief and policies in line with the AVA plan Approved by direct manager
• Strictly follow Code of Conduct and compliance guidelines provided by Merck Consumer Health
• Execute any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager
Key performance indicators/ Measures of success
• Sales and market share targets (sales vs. targets, market share growth, and market share, as specified by specific brand).
• Contact rate and coverage: % of target visited, % of calls to target (targeting), of calls to target (Frequency). Planned visits / done (visited), # of details / Visit.
• Number of prescriptions by Doctors /Dispensing by Pharmacists in the assigned territory.
• Meetings spend vs. budget, and number & quality of customers selected to attend.
• Adequate resource allocation and productive call frequency.
• Therapy/product knowledge and functional competencies including evaluations of progress.
• Delivery of customer centric activities dependent on individual and in agreement with territory sales manager
• Territory administration reports are completed accurately and to timescales
• University degree in Pharmacy, Medical, Veterinary, Biology, Chemistry or Dentistry Accredited
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Minimum of 2 years experience as Medical Representative.
• Good communication skill
About the Company
About the Company
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 40,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life from bio pharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the worlds oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, EMD Milli pore and EMD Performance Materials.