|Legal Support Counsel|
Posted on : 15 Nov 2016
BAT Pars is looking for a talented Support Counsel with mid-level transactional and operational experience, to join its legal group. Support Counsel will work closely with operations and supply chain team members and serve as counsel on any issues arising on the Company's factory, providing legal advice and guidance in connection with the manufacturing tobacco products, its logistics, supply chain, procurement and labor matters.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Ongoing legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property, consumer law, technology, digital media, and regulatory compliance.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of complex commercial contracts.
- Reviewing and revising business/factory documents.
- Working closely with our operations and supply chain teams to accomplish Company goals.
- Building and implementing legal processes and procedures on the Company factory.
- Assisting Legal team with other responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a reputable law firm or multinational company (working experience in FMCG is a plus).
- Bachelor degree in Law (LLM preferred).
- Admitted to Iran Bar Association.
- Excellent command of English and Farsi (both writing and speaking).
- Understanding of legal processes and issues (contract law, tax law, labor law, and competition and IP law) -- experience in logistic/operations related legal issues is a plus.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Sense of corporate legal and compliance risks.
Work location: Factory, Eshtehard City, and Karaj.
About the Company
About the Company
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco company founded in 1902. We are the worlds second largest quoted tobacco group by global market share, with over 200 brands sold in over 200 markets. BAT has more than 50,000 employees worldwide with factories in 41 countries. The quality of our people has always played a major role in our success, making us successful worldwide and leader in more than 55 markets.
BAT Pars was founded in Iran in 2003, and has since expanded its market presence by 4 drive brands which are: Dunhill, Kent, Pall Mall and Montana. In 2016 we established our independent factory in Iran.
BAT offers exceptional opportunities for career and personal development, a competitive package and extensive trainings. Our workforce is strongly multi-cultural and we have a devolved structure, with the local company having wide freedom of action and responsibility for its operations.
We believe that because our products pose risks to health, it is all the more important that our business is managed responsibly. Responsibility is integral to our business strategy and through dialogue with our stakeholders, we are working to pursue our commercial objectives in ways consistent with changing expectations of a modern tobacco business.
This Position is closed or expired